While I seriously hate to admit it… I. Am. Human.
I know… what?? But seriously. I am. I struggle just like many of you do on a daily basis.
- I struggle with my water intake.
- I struggle to get out of my own head and see myself for who I am now and not for who I used to be.
- And some days… I struggle to stay on plan.
This journey is hard. Throw in the holidays and it’s even harder! We are surrounded constantly by temptation… by comfort… by tradition… by feelings and memories associated with food during this time of year.
How do I make it through? It’s all about choices.
I can choose to partake in whatever it is that is in front of me. Or I can choose not to.
What are the consequences of that choice? It could be an upset tummy. It could be a 2 lb gain in the next day or so. It could be feeling completely and totally like crap immediately or even into the next day. Or… it could be nothing, which makes this even harder.
But ultimately, it’s my choice.
This past holiday season was particularly hard for me. I had some personal things going on. I have an insanely time-consuming business that I LOVE that requires tons and tons and tons of my attention both emotionally and mentally. I have a family.
And I have me.
But it’s so incredibly easy to forget that I am a part of this thing called life. It’s easy to put my own needs aside and focus on everyone and everything else around me. It’s easy to neglect myself in lieu of taking care of others. It’s easy to be so consumed with everything happening, that I may or may not have control of, and completely take myself out of the frame of importance.
It has to stop.
I am important.
In fact, I am the MOST IMPORTANT factor in everything. If I do not take care of ME… everything else is much worse.
Everything else falls apart.
So… what does one do in this situation? How do you put yourself first again? How do you focus your energy on taking care of the most important thing in your life so that you can take care of everything else?
You make a choice.
- My choice is to get back to what I know works. Balanced macros work. I know this. I’ve proven it.
- My choice is to eat what I know I should be eating. I create meal plans for a reason. They are healthy.
- My choice is to drink the water even though I don’t want to… because I know the health benefits.
- My choice is to find accountability partners who know my struggles intimately. I do this with each and every class I teach… With each and every meal plan I produce for MBK Monthly… With every client I coach.
Because I am important…
and so are you.
PIN this picture so it’s easy to find
these recipes from your Pinterest!
Here’s a list of my favorite bariatric recipes that I go to when I need to get back on track!
Now. Are you ready? It’s time to get back to you!
You are important. You are worth it! ❤️